Wireless Emergency Alerts (WEA) send free informational text messages to WEA-enabled cell phones within range of an imminent and dangerous local situation, severe weather event, or AMBER emergency.
- The WEA notification is designed to get your attention and notify you with a unique sound and vibration.
- Public safety officials use WEA to send you essential information whenever you are near the location of a life-threatening event.
- You do not need to register to receive WEA notifications. You will automatically receive alerts if you have WEA-capable phone and your wireless carrier participates in the program.
- To find out if your mobile device is capable of receiving WEA alerts, contact your mobile device carrier or visit CTIA The Wireless Association
- Download the WEA Fact Sheet or view Frequently Asked Questions.