DisasterAssistance.gov is a website that is maintained by FEMA’s Disaster Assistance Improvement Program (DAIP). DAIP helps survivors by shortening the time required to apply for assistance and reducing the number of forms that need to be completed. Survivors can also upload documents and check the status of their application, all through the website.
- Find more than 70 forms of assistance from 17 federal agencies;
- Get the latest information on declared disaster such as wildfires, hurricanes, floods and earthquakes;
- Find information about evacuating; accessing shelter, food, water and medical services; and assistance locating loved ones and pets;
- Locate local resources in and around the whole community; and
- Share resources via social media.