- Access alerts and warnings. You can also download the FEMA mobile application which delivers severe weather alerts for up to five locations across the U.S.;
- Assemble or update supplies;
- Plan with neighbors to help each other and share resources; and
- Create and test your emergency communication plans.
Leading up to and directly after National PrepareAthon! Day, hazard-specific weeks will provide a springboard for a variety of topics that energize individuals, families, communities, and emergency preparedness professionals to take action through preparedness activities. Follow @PrepareAthon on Twitter and this e-Brief for hazard-specific information and tips during the following weeks:
- : Flood Awareness Week
- : Tornado Awareness Week
- : Lead-up to National PrepareAthon! Day
- : Lead-up to National Wildfire Community Preparedness Day
- : Hurricane Awareness Week
- : Extreme Heat Week
We encourage you to participate throughout April and May no matter what hazard you're most at risk for in your area.