Organizing Community Preparedness Activities
- Identify Local Partners. Look for programs that are already doing good work such as Citizen Corps Councils and Community Emergency Response Teams;
- Build a Team. Citizen Corps Council meetings are a valuable tactic for recruiting volunteers;
- Set Goals. Clear goals helps increase accountability;
- Serve Your Community. Find out what your community is doing to prepare for emergencies; and
- Celebrate Success. Thank your volunteers after every event, and encourage them to sign up for the next activity.